You Bet Your Life Volume 2
Four hilarious episodes of the classic TV quiz show on each DVD, featuring the wit of Groucho Marx.
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: May 25, 2004
- Originally Released: 1950
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Groucho Marx & George Fenneman|
|Directed by||Robert Dwan|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Groucho Marx matches wits with the American public in four episodes of this classic game show. Starting on the radio in 1947, "You Bet Your Life" made its television debut in 1950 and aired for 11 years with Groucho as host and emcee. Sponsored rather conspicuously by the Dodge DeSoto car manufacturers, the show featured two contestants working as a team to answer questions for cash prizes. Another mainstay of these question and answer segments was the paper mache duck that would descend from the ceiling with one hundred dollars in tow whenever a player uttered the "secret word." The quiz show aspect of "You Bet Your Life" was always secondary, to the clever back-and-forth between host and contestant, which found Groucho at his funniest. It's in these interview segments that "You Bet Your Life" truly makes its mark as one of early television's greatest programs.
"You Bet Your Life" was a quiz show during the 1950s and 1960s that showcased Groucho Marx's charm and wit. Contestants answered questions, tried to guess the secret word, and were sitting targets for Groucho's incredibly quick tongue. This is Volume Two in a series of home releases of the show.
Television / TV Series | Vintage
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
Fun 'Retro' TV Series Movie Lover: Matthew Paul Argall from mount dandenong, Victoria AU -- March, 18, 2008
Groucho Marx makes a great host, with his witty comments. He comes across as a nice person, and although he was quite old when this show was made, He still has his talent. This DVD has 4 episodes, Some complete with DeSoto commercials.
- Sales Rank: 10,989
- UPC: 089218433695
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Against the Tide: Portrait of a Jazz Legend (With Bonus CD) (DVD)(2)
$13.30 Super Savings
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Abraham Lincoln (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE